Well, by now you've probably heard all the buzz about Apple's most recent mobile software update - iOS 7. Sure, you've heard the 'buzz', but chances are you aren't quite sure what all the fuss is about. Lucky for all of us, Mashable pulled together a list of features boasted by the update. This should help you decide if you're ready to download or if you'd rather just stick to what you know.
This is just the shorthand version, so if you want all the juicy details, you can read the whole Mashable article here.
1. The Look - Brighter, more colorful, cleaner, sleeker with a top-to-bottom renovation.
2. Control Center - A new location and totally reorganized. The control center is not only the place to do everything from switching to Airplane mode to adjusting brightness, it is now also home to the calculator, alarm clock and more.
3. Lock Screen - Colorful with a new design and updated buttons.
4. Gestures - Now, swiping allows you to do so much more, including swiping away Safari browsers to close.
5. Animations - Subtle animations make everything so much more fun.
6. Font - Helvetica Neue is easy on the eyes.
7. Wallpapers - Beautiful new images offer more variety when it comes to assigning a background photo.
8. Spotlight - Now accessible from any screen by swiping your finger from the top of the screen downward.
9. Zooming - A feature with mixed reviews, tapping an app now opens the content by zooming out from the icon.
10. Photos - Pictures are now organized based on time and place, so locating images is much simpler. And the mosaic display is nice to look at. One of our favorite new features - pick and select effects and filters before a picture is taken.
11. Weather - Hour-by-hour predictions scroll in a row, a lighter background and more functionality. Moving graphics across the top also show current weather in a subtle, but visually appealing way.
12. Folders - Now there is no limit to the number of apps you can fit into a folder, which makes for a much more organized home screen.
13. Ringtones - New tones are actually bearable.
14. Email - Noticeably and remarkably faster.
15. Preview of Open Apps - Double-click the home button and view all applications, webpages and programs that have been recently opened. Simply swipe an app off the screen to close it.
16. Calendar - Simplified and more useful, including convenient scrolling from month to month.
Sounds enticing, right? Let us know what you think of the new software or share some iOS 7 tricks with us by tweeting to @monikadixonpr or commenting below!
By Emily Cleary, MDPR Social Media Director